July 4th is the Declaration of Independence of the American colonies from England declaring their rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It goes on to list all those actions taken by the Crown to limit the Colonies.
In honor of Independence Day, you can free yourself. What are YOU going to declare your independence from?
- A job which stresses you without rewarding you?
- A prejudice towards new/different people?
- A resistance to doing something you’ve never done before?
- A relationship that suffocates rather than supports?
- Self-talk that is negative?
- Habits that keep you stuck in a rut?
- Limiting beliefs about your self?
Are you ready to declare your independence? Being ready is the first step. Now declare with courage and commitment.
What does life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness mean to you?
What must you be free from?
Unlike the colonists most of our limitations are our own beliefs and habits – that is both the good news and the bad news.
Like the colonists declaring didn’t make it so, but it was a critical first step. That led to focused action and eventually to independence.
Happy Independence Day!!!
See you next week. Yippee!